Saturday 28 January 2012

Draught Excluder

My little project for this morning was a draught excluder, whoever built this house didnt realise they needed to keep it warm in the winter. 

Now this isn't the best one I could of made but I'm only going to need it for a couple of months so hopefully it will last that long. 

Easy Peasy to make. Just make sure your fabric is about 4cm bigger than your door. I used a leg of some old tights and filled it with rice to make the inside....think I used a little bit too much rice as it is rather heavy but if it keeps my room warm its worth it!

I used some old bits of vinyl I had cut out at University to create a random pattern on a scrap of linen I had and hey presto!
 

Think I need to make the outside fabric a smaller tube....maybe next time

No comments:

Post a Comment